Trash and recycling are picked up on Friday. Pickup of trash and recycling takes place on all holidays except Christmas and New Year’s Day. If they occur on a Friday, then the pickup will be the next day.
- Place garbage cans and recycling bins at the curb no earlirer than 24 hours before pickup.
- Remove all empty cans from the curb within 24 hours after trash has been removed.
Residents who wish to have their trash picked up at their garage door instead of hauling it to the curb can request this service directly from Rumpke; there is a fee for this extra service for which the resident is responsible. Contact Rumpke by phone for this option at (800) 828-8171.
If your home does not have a recycling bin when you move in, please call Rumpke for a recycle bin replacement.
What Can Be Recycled
Check over the list of recyclable materials to make sure that you are including all possible items. If you don’t have a bin, call 242-4600 to request one.
- All plastic bottles and jugs regardless of plastic number (remove lids)
- Glass bottles and jars (remove lids)
- Empty aerosol cans (remove lids and tips)
- Aluminum and steel cans (remove lids)
- Paperboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Magazines, catalogs and phone books
- Office paper
- Brown grocery bags
- Clean Pizza Boxes
Do not include batteries or plastic bags in your curbside or drop-off recycling. All containers must be empty. Please place materials into recycling containers loose (not in plastic bags).
The recyclable materials picked up by Rumpke are weighed and sorted, and annually Rumpke sends the Village a payment based on a portion of the amount of material that was sent on to companies who buy from Rumpke.
Have a question about recycling? Visit hamiltoncountyrecycles.org or call the Hamilton County Recycling Hotline at 946-7766.