A highly valued service in Amberley is the year-round brush pickup provided by the Village for residents. Remember that any contractors you hire (professional tree trimmers, landscapers, builders, etc.) are required to remove from your property any tree limbs, trunks, logs, etc. that they generate. They are NOT allowed to place this material at the curb. Map of brush route and schedule.
You can make the employees' job much easier if you follow these procedures, which also create less wear and tear on our chipping machines and dump trucks and save fuel:
- The length of the limbs you set out for removal should be as long as possible. Cut them down only to the size required for you to move them. We would much rather have one 30 foot long limb to chip than ten 3-foot limbs.
- Do not stack or pile limbs. Lay them at the curb with the thick end pointing toward the street, side by side. Limbs may be up to, but not exceeding, 10 inches in diameter.
- Vines and limbs with thorns should be cut into 4-foot lengths and bundled and tied with string (no wire).
- Different types of materials are to be set out in separate areas (i.e., limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crews do not have the time to untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire road frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row if required.
- Materials such as rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material, lumber, etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke's regulations.
- Small sticks (smaller than a broom stick), twigs, leaves, and other small debris such as this may be bagged or placed in cans for Rumpke, following their yard waste removal regulations. The Village brush crew will not pick up this type of material.